Thursday, December 17, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Greetings from Station H!

I want to thank you for all your comments, and I really appreciate it when I see some new ones! Please add yourself as a follower of my blog!

This week's 'recipe of the week' is called Cappuccino Drink Mix. It is so yummy! (I'm drinking some as I write!) But I'll get to that later!

This past Sunday Jared and I, plus several other kids sang in a kids' choir in our church's Christmas concert. We sang the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". This is new arrangement by the Christian band Casting Crowns. And we also sang "Who Would Imagine a King" --this version here is by Whitney Houston.

This coming Sunday, another group of kids that Jared and I are involved with, is singing in a worship group at church during the 8:15 am and 11:15 am services for our church's annual Sunday School program. You all know where I mean, and I hope you can come and see us at church on Sunday morning!!

Jared and I attend a scouts-type group at our church. It's called Christian Service Brigade, and it is similar to Boy Scouts. It's a lot of fun! I'm in Battalion, and Jared's in Stockade. Last night we had our third annual Brigade Christmas Party, but this year is Jared's and my first time ever attending, since we just joined Brigade in September! This year has been so much fun for both of us!! Last night was fun, our Christmas party was pretty routine in a fun way. We had typical Christmas party food while Ranger Chevrette read us a story called "Stephens Feast" It's a really good book!


Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy
Finally a picture of those trains I was telling you about!
This is my youngest brother, Owen!
This is my oldest younger brother, Jared!
These are Caleb and Zeb!


I've gotta go now. I'll post again soon, I hope.

In the meantime please enjoy this week's "Nathan's Recipe of the Week". Bye



Nathan








Nathan's Recipe of the Week

Cappucino Drink Mix

This makes GREAT Christmas gifts! With marshmallows and a little bit of pumpkin pie spice this makes a great unwind, and relax hot drink!

2/3 c instant coffee

1 c powdered creamer (Creamora)

1c powdered chocolate drink mix

1/2 c white sugar

3/4 tsp ground cinnamon

3/8 tsp ground nutmeg


1. First crush coffee granules either in a food processor or in a storage bag, sealed and rolled over with a rolling pin. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and store in air-tight containers.

2. When using, stir 3-4 tbls. to 8-10 oz. in hot water* (original recipe calls for 2 tbl per 6 oz water, but we don't own a 6 oz mug!) You can add mini marshmallows, 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice, OR a candy cane! Do what you like!

3. ENJOY!!

Note: We have given this as gifts for YEARS! *If you use this as a gift, make sure to include directions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi nathan,
    the pictures are neat I can't wait to try the recipes

    Leighanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leighanna!! I really appriciate it!!

    ReplyDelete