Saturday, December 5, 2009

SNOW!!!



Hi everyone. Greetings from Station H (home)

I'm so glad it's finally snowing around here. It looks like it might not be a brown Christmas after all! As of now (2:40 PM) We have about a half inch of snow on the ground. I will spend the rest of this post telling you about myself. My biggest goal in life is to be a trucker. This Thanksgiving Dad and I took a load of gasoline down to Millerton NY. We split the load between the station at Milllerton and Stanfordville. Millerton is about 2 hours down in southeastern New York. Stanfordville is 45 minutes west of Millerton. Both areas are somewhere between Poughkeepsie and Kingston. Truckin' is my absolute favorite thing in the world to do! This is not Dad's truck. This one belongs to to another driver for Dad's company. The two trucks are identical, so this is what Dad's truck looks like!




I have a Hobby of collecting model trains, and I have quite a collection going of o27 scale. I have pictures of the trains, but unfortunately the computer has been acting up, and I can't access them right now. Maybe some other time! I'll post again soon.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this week's "Nathan's Recipe of the Week"


Nathan



Nathan's Recipe of the Week

Snowball Cookies

2 c all purpose flour divided
1 c butter softened
2 tsp vanilla
2 c confectioners sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 c pecan pieces (optional)

1. Place pecans in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until pecans are ground, but not pasty.
2. Beat butter and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup of flour, vanilla and salt. Beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in remaining 1 cup of flour and ground nuts with a spoon.

3. Shape dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Shape tablespoons of dough into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on un-greased cookie sheets.

5. Bake 12-15 minutes or until pale golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.

6. Meanwhile , place 1 cup of confectioners sugar in 13x9-inch glass dish. Transfer hot cookies to confectioners sugar. Roll cookies in confectioners sugar, coating well. Let cookies cool in sugar.

7. Sift remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar over sugar coated cookies before serving.

Makes about 48 cookies
(I did not use nuts)
(sorry about the recipe being half centered. When I put on pictures, they are centered, and then everything else is centered--sometimes I can change them. Sometimes I can't.)









Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan! What a great idea! I'm looking forward to more of your recipes of the day! Cool way to keep in touch! Love, Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nathan!!!!!!!

    I like your blog I think it's neat.
    I like the ideas of you posting recipes, Oh by the way Those cookies are "to die for" :)HA HA HA HA.
    I'll talk to you soon.

    Love Rebecca

    What is your e-mail address?
    -mail me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog, cool music:)


    Leighanna

    ReplyDelete